Senior Pet Health Care – Serving Your Older Pets with Tender Loving Care
The best thing you can do for your aging pet is to give him/her proper medical care. Upper Canada Animal Hospital has a program developed specifically for your senior pet’s health needs so they remain fit and healthy as he or she ages. This program includes fecal testing, blood screens, analysis as well as any other tests your senior pet requires.
If your pet seems to be slowing down in terms of activity, it’s possible that age is finally catching up. However, it is important you get him/her enrolled in a senior pet wellness program just to make sure. It’s possible our senior pet is just experiencing a problem which can be alleviated by your veterinarian.
Some of the conditions that are common among older pets’ include:
- Arthritis: we can help bring back the spring in your pets’ step with laser therapy and cartrophen treatments
- Dental problems: our vets are highly qualified and skilled in the field of animal dentistry
- Under or overactive thyroid glands: Treating thyroid problems are typically quite simple and can dramatically improve your pet’s quality of life.
- Obesity: We can tailor a weight control plan for your pet to help manage and maintain a lean body weight
Emergency Medical Care for Your Senior Pet
When you have a senior cat or dog, there is an increasing need for emergency health services. The staff at Upper Canada Animal Hospital is extremely considerate with regard to senior pet care emergencies. In addition:
- Location: Our services extend beyond Niagara-on-the-Lake to several of the surrounding areas.
- Clientele: About a third of our patients come from outside of Niagara-on-the-Lake; our clients consider our services worth the drive.
- House Calls: We will drive to visit your aging pets at home if you live within half an hour from our clinic. Ensuring good senior dog health and senior cat health is easy and convenient with the right care at the right time.
- Priority: We pay special attention to emergency patients, to give them top-of-the-line treatment.
We are strongly affiliated with the Niagara Veterinary Emergency Clinic for any after-hours emergencies. The patients’ files are sent over to us immediately to ensure uninterrupted continuity of your pets care.
The Niagara Veterinary Emergency Clinic is the best option for your pet when it comes to after-hours care and emergency situations. They are fully staffed 24 hours per day with veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians and support staff. It’s always best to call them while on your way so they can prepare for your pet’s arrival.
They are located at 3300 Merrittville Highway, Unit #1 in Thorold. They can be reached at 905-641-3185.
Make the most of Upper Canada Animal Hospital’s senior pet wellness programs. If you prefer, take a virtual tour of our clinic, hospital, and animal surgery facilities first and then call us to book your next visit.